Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Counseling In Families

I liked today's discussion on counseling. I think it is so important to counsel with our families about big decisions. When I was growing up we always had family counsel on Sunday night. It helped us come together and know what everyone was doing that week. Also we talked about the big issues in the family, and we figured out what we were going to do. When we could not come up with a unanimous decision usually my dad would just make the executive decision. My parents all made sure though that we could all say our opinions or what we thought the family should do. It is so important that we do this in our families because it helps everyone feel included and it helps the family to bond. Another things that i think is important that I will implement in my marriage is weekly parental counseling. I think it is vital to a marriage to have time at least once a week where you and your spouse can counsel together. It gives you time to make decisions about the family, and to just be together and talk and bond without the kids being there.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like your idea for having a spouse council meeting in addition to a family council. I think that would really help a husband a wife become closer and more united in thier ideas, and the way they set up their home. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete